As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for working with other team members to plan, refine, execute and QA feature requests.
What will you do?
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Participating in morning standups.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on minor bug fixes.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Performing code reviews and MR reviews.
- Gathering information from users about program functionality.
- Conducting development tests and QA.
- Taking larger tickets and breaking them down into smaller, mergeable MRs
What are we looking for?
- Experience with git is a must.
- React experience. Most of our front-ends use React and/or React Native.
- Experience with Rails/Ruby is a plus.
- Experience in a statically typed language is a plus. Our APIs are primarily built in Rust. You don’t need to know Rust to be considered for the position.
- Experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
As a team, our core values are:
We are crafts-people.
- We work hard to make room for people to advance by learning new skills.
- We strive to be proficient at our craft.
- We recognize we are responsible for growing and honing our skills.
- We believe growth happens when we step outside of our comfort zones.
Diversity and Inclusion
- A diverse and inclusive team is essential to building products that everyone can use.
- No one is an island. We rely on each other when we get stuck on things.
- We do our best to check our ego at the door.
High Expectations -- Higher Grace
- We have high expectations but face them together
- We have grace with each other when something goes amiss
- When we don’t hit the target, we readjust, and aim high again
- We believe in a no-blame attitude. We are a team. We win and lose together.
- Planning and documentation saves time and effort.
- Concise and quick communication is key to keeping projects moving.
Quality > Quantity
- We value quality: Stability is of paramount importance.
- Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
Clear Over Clever
- A consistent code style is important for clarity and reduction of cognitive load.
- Code is read many many more times than it is written. Optimize for the read.
- A good work-life balance is important for health and happiness.
- We recognize that work-life balance is different for different people. We strive to accommodate those differences.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter.